10 Things From Yesterday’s Win vs. BYU
1. A win is a win. Especially against BYU. It wasn’t super pretty but Harsin called the game exactly how he needed to to get the W.
2. Boise State has cool Lyle Smith Fedora helmet stickers. (H/T @mybrainissmart)
3. Robert Mahone finally got the start – and that may have been all the motivation Alexander Mattison needed.
4. Garbagy is a fun word.
Not sure what we learned. We knew BYU was garbage and we had to be less garbagey to win. It appears we were. #bsutakes
— ☠️Keleka☠️ ❌ ✊🏼 (@Keleka24) October 7, 2017
5. Very strange decision for Kalani Sitake to burn Joe Critchlow’s Red-Shirt with 2 minutes left in the game. Tanner Mangum probably should not have played if this was going to be the end result. My guess is Sitake finally realized that Mangum can’t get it done and wanted to get Critchlow a little game experience before his first career start.
6. Watching a Yankees playoff game (an extra inning one at that) and a Boise State football game back-to-back is not good for my heart or my liver.
7. The offensive line seems to be getting gradually better. They did not allow a sack last night despite another change in the starting lineup with Mason Hampton out.
8. A couple of Idaho boys are take away machines. Leighton Vander Esch (Salmon River HS) and Kekoa Nawahine (Rocky Mountain HS) both had another INT last night. They each have two on the season.
9. Brett Rypien definitely needs to be our starting QB but Montell Cozart has been a blessing for this team. The packages they had for him last night were perfect for the situations.
10. Jake Roh needs to run the wildcat more. It’s just fun.